- Dot-to-Dot – “Honey Horse” – Continue practicing the sound and letter :Hh”. Don’t forget to color Honey!
- Printing Practice – “Hh” – Practice printing the upper and lower case letter.
- Phonics – Color the pictures that begin with the sound “H”.
- Phonics – Say the name of each picture. If it begins with the “Hh” sound, write Hh on the lines provided.
- Phonics – Rhyming – Glue matching rhyming words together.
- Color Words – Read the sentence and color the picture the correct color.
- Math – Count and write the correct number. Color the row that has more.
- Math – Draw a line to show 1:1 correspondence. Color the row that has less.
- Reading Diary – Thank you for taking the time to read with your child each night!
- Sight Word Practice – Please write three sentences that include one or more of the sight words (I, see, a, my, to, like).
- Printing Practice –Please remember to trace your whole name then write it four more times. Thank you.
This Week in the Classroom:
- Language Arts/Phonics – This week we are working with the letter “V”. Vincent Vampire Bat is the Zoo Phonics character.
- We re finishing up with our 1st trimester testing. Please make sure to get a good nigh sleep and have a healthy breakfast to fuel the brain.
- We continue to learn about Pilgrims, Native Americans and the First Thanksgiving.
Other Important Information:
- Parent Conferences begin the week of December 10th. I am looking forward to meeting with each of you. I will send home a separate note with the day and time of your scheduled conference.
- Mark your calendars
November 19th – 23rd Thanksgiving Vacation – NO SCHOOL
December 10th-21st – Kindergarten Conferences – All students are on Early Bird Schedule (8:20am – 12:20).
- We have Library every Friday; please remind your child that they are to return their library book on Thursday so they can check out another book during our visit.
- PTA Membership – I am so excited – room 9 is a little above 50% (1st class to reach 100% participation will get an ice cream party). It’s not too late to join PTA. Membership envelopes are available in the front office or online – download form.
Have a great week.