What can you do to help your child be successful in Kindergarten?
- Assist them as they practice writing their name the “Cabrillo” way. (That means a capital letter at the beginning, followed by lower case letters.)
- Practice tying their shoes and zipping/buttoning clothes independently.
- Practice washing hands, blowing nose, opening lunch items independently.
- Use a bedtime routine that includes an earlier weekday bedtime.
- Eat breakfast every day. PLEASE.
- Encourage your child to ask questions and help them explore to find their own answers!
- Go to the public library. Does your child have a library card?
- Talk about manners. What are good manners?